Monday, June 23, 2008

TRABAJO

I haven`t wasted much time trying to put this area into order. The past two Sundays I have sent to Priesthood and the Bishopric out to make some visits to less active families. I`m pretty sure that the Bishop doesn`t like to do it, but it`s good for him. Afterwards they give me a report and all tell me that they had a really good experience. So, I think it is going to help this ward really turn around. Also, we put a ton of baptismal dates. To tell the truth, I don`t know how many will go through, but at least it really made the people think serious about baptism. In total, 7 dates. One family of three, but they have a daughter, so only one priesthood holder. The others are with a woman that is about 40 years old and her daughter, and the other two with an 11 year old girl and a 9 year old girl. The 9 year old girl is a neighbor of some members, so she goes to church every week, we just have to teach her and the 11 year old, everyone single one of her aunts is a member of the church. I have been really busy, we had a baptism Saturday too. A 73 year old man that is absolutely hilarous and very punctual. It was pretty funny, not one from the bishopric came to the baptism and yesterday at church when we were about to confirm him, he started saying in front of everyone, Where were you yesterday? Yesterday was the important part. Everyone heard and were laughing there heads off, because there is no support for the missionaries from the leaders. It was awesome and later the Stake President came everyone told him what happened. It was pretty funny because the Bishop pretty much got cuffed in front of everyone. My comp is started to open up a little more, he doesn`t know the doctrine so he doesn`t have much confidence. He hardly studies and he is always talking about his girlfriend. I have to get on him to snap out it all the time. But we get along really well. I love this work, it is really kicking my trash right now, becuase I really feel like I have no idea what I`m doing. I just do someone how do it and it all comes through. There is no way I can do this without the help of Christ. Everything I do is because it is what He wants and He just guides me to these places and the Spirit helps me to the things I need to say. I love you all so very much, I hope everyone is well and having success.
Love
Elder Miles

No comments: